Was born in Scarborough, Ontario; but grew up in Newfoundland and Labrador, spending her childhood in Makinsons, NL, and her High School years in Labrador City, NL. Sarah has progressed quickly within her two years in the industry.
Completed the Hairstyling Program at Keyin College with Honours.
Brazilian Blowout Zero Certification.
Updo Class with Contessa Winner, Marjorie Clarke.
Annually attend the O’Keefe’s, O’Regan, and Cosmoprof Hair Shows.
Advanced Principles of Design [Cutting] class with Master Designer Matthew Scott.
Framesi Cutting/Colouring Technique Class.
KMS Product Knowledge and Updo Technique Class.
Goldwell Interactive Colour/Styling Product Workshop. [TopChic, Colorance, Elumen]
Faciliation Training through Redken Canada.
Redken Foiling and Application Techniques Class.
Redken Product Knowledge/Colour Class. [Shades EQ, Shades EQ Cream, Colour Gels, Colour Fusion, Chromatics]
Sebastian Product Knowledge, Texture, and Razor Cutting Class.
L’Oreal Colour Techniques/Application Class
Elumen Creative Colour Tutorials with Timothy Switzer
Vidal Sassoon Cutting Tecniques
Best advice ever given:
Take a look around you and be honest with yourself about where you are, where you want to be, and what steps it’s going to take to get there! Sometimes you don’t even need to know where you’re going, just that you want MORE!
– Redken 5th Avenue
- Worked as a facilitator and Color Specialist for Redken 5th Avenue, teaching classes in Product Knowledge and Colour Theory/Application Techniques.
– Radiance Hairs Studio and Spa
- Offered a wide range of services from Cutting, Colouring, Waxing, Makeup Application, Custom Design, Operated Tanning Salon, Acted as a Coach for other stylists.
– Avalon Achievement Senior Representatives
- Offers Cutting, Colouring, and Styling services for the senior representatives of the Avalon Achievement Competition.
– Miss Teen Achievement Newfoundland and Labrador
- Completed formal styling for three contestants, all of whom scored within the top for at the competition. $10 Haircut Fundraiser for Teddy Bears of Hope – Organizer
- Organized a fundraiser for Teddy Bears of Hope which raised nearly $1000 to help bring hope to children in Haiti. This fundraiser was a finalist in the Community Contribution section of the Contessa Awards.
Favorite Celebrity hairstyle of the moment:
I’ve always been a fan of Pink’s textured short styles!
Colour Correction, Custom Colour Formulation/Placement, Customized Razor Cutting, Formal Styling. Competing, especially in these areas, is one of my passions, and I can’t turn down a challenge!
Best part of my job:
Getting to be such a big part of what makes a person unique. I love helping clients bring what’s on the inside to the surface through Cuts, Colours, and Styling! I love the team oriented environment! High fives all around, and lots of positive energy to share with each other and our clients!
My hero is…
People who strive toward goals they set for themselves, and those who give themselves to others to help them forward.
My inspiration comes from…
Freedom of Expression, Sub-Cultures, Architecture, Nature, Attitudes and Spirits, Hairdresser’s Journal and Behindthechair.
If I wasn’t a Hairstylist, I would have…
Made a career in Neuroscience, Specifically in Stroke Research.
Awards and achievements:
Award for Superior Production Knowledge of the Industry – O’Keefe’s
1st Place Formal Hair Competition – Keyin College
2nd Place Skills Canada Competition
Finalist in the Community Contribution category of the Contessa Awards
MUNSU International Women’s Day Award
Miss Newfoundland and Labrador International 2010
Miss Central Avalon Achievement 2009
Asset to the Community Award - $15,000 Scholarship to Keyin College
Millennium Excellence Award - $4500 Scholarship
Fry Family Foundation Scholarship for Community Involvement and Leadership